• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fart fodder, or, pickled eggs.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Haven't made some pickled eggs in a bit. And the wife boiled up 18 for me to make a batch. Not sure why. She hates even the smell of them. In a few different ways!
18 egggs
2 tbs pickling spice
2 tbs minced dried onions
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp habanero powder
1 quart Asian hot pepper infused vinegar
1 quart water.
Put eggs in jar.
Bring other ingredients to boil in a non-reactive pot.
Add to eggs. And vac seal.

P5100837.jpg

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Those look great steve! Mix a few of those and a few beers and watch out! Could be an explosive combo! Lol!

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Damn Steve, that sounds like a nice concoction. Don't have any Asian hot peppers though, darn. . .

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Those look great steve! Mix a few of those and a few beers and watch out! Could be an explosive combo! Lol!
Thank you. Yes, they are nasty with a few beers!

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
They sound like they will have a great taste, Ill try this method. Being doing alot of the Amish Egg method and the family love them.
Home brew + Pickled eggs = Run for the hills when I get going :emoji_laughing: Even the dog moves haha

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
They sound like they will have a great taste, Ill try this method. Being doing alot of the Amish Egg method and the family love them.
Home brew + Pickled eggs = Run for the hills when I get going :emoji_laughing: Even the dog moves haha
Haha! Though nothing comes close to the ones our dog lets loose!

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Had a couple yesterday. And they were fantastic! The spiced vinegar really set them off.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.