Fajita Fight!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I made another post last month where I made my own Fajita mix. I was shopping a few days ago and saw that Kinder's now makes a fajita mix. Kinder's makes great mixes. I thought why not try them against each other and see which one I like best. I bought 2 Lb of flap meat for this.

I marinated them the same and kept track of which was which.

2023_fajita_fight_001.jpg

I started with the vegies.

2023_fajita_fight_002.jpg

Then the meats.

2023_fajita_fight_003.jpg

They came out looking good. With the meat alone I definitely prefer my mix. You can taste the meat more and it has a little heat. The Kinder's is sweeter.

2023_fajita_fight_004.jpg

Next I mixed in Bell peppers, banana peppers, cherry tomatoes, pineapple and cilantro.

2023_fajita_fight_005.jpg

Here they are side by side, ready to eat.

2023_fajita_fight_006.jpg

And the winner is....

2023_fajita_fight_007.jpg

My Belly! With the meat only I did prefer mine but after the vegies are mixed in the difference is not so much. I will still keep making my own mix but the Kinder's is not that far off.

Last edited:
Nice looking fajitas Chris. I've never knowingly had one but they sure do look good.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW you should have changed your name to West Coast Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Great looking meal
Congrats on the feature.
Your grill grates are spotless! What's the secret?
Where did you get those round veggie baskets?

Congrats on the handle change. I'm considering the same. Mine is from the late 90's

The grates were actually pretty dirty so I cleaned them up just before I cooked. Goo Gone is great at doing most of the work for you. Spray it on and let it sit for 20 minutes. I got the baskets from Amazon. They are so much easier that futzing around with tongs.

goo_gone_spray.jpg

Reactions: Fueling Around
Wow Chris, what a great meal and a fantastic write-up / comparison. Very well done sir. As much as I loved the original meal, I gotta admit, the leftovers look every bit as good....maybe even a bit better :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky