Fair weather Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jted

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Yes, as I get older I am a fair weather griller. I used a Weber Jumbo Joe and a rack of Baby Backs all went well I controlled the B&B briquettes easily at around 250 degrees. I grilled these with oak chunks. They were naked for about 3.5 hours. Then I lightly sauced them and I used a maverick for the grill and meat IT. When the IT was about 200 I checked it with a Thermo works instant read. It confirmed the IT. At 202 I pulled it and let it rest. The were just right for the boss. She likes a good bite not falling off the bone.
DSCN4374.JPG
DSCN4379.JPG
DSCN4383.JPG
DSCN4385.JPG

That's getting ribs done the right way maximizing the flavor by not over cooking to FOTB. Looks great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky