• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Experienced Q’er New To This Forum

SmkyMtnRob

Joined Apr 17, 2021
I am a native Texan now retired to the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. I have been an avid grill and smoker enthusiast for more than 50 years. My beginnings are slow and low smoking brisket in a offset barrel smoker using mesquite wood for that classic Texan taste profile. Over the years I have owned probably every type of smoker made. As of last week I purchased the new Pit Boss Platinum Laredo 1000, adding it to my Cook Shack electric, a Traeger Pro and a Weber dome. After initial seasoning, I did 3 racks of Baby Back Ribs and 5 ponds of chicken wings, both of which were outstanding. I now have a 17 pond Choice Grade Packer Brisket in the fridge for smoking this week. My plan is now to Craig’s List the 3 older units and keep the new Pit Boss, assuming this brisket turns out great.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join us!
Al

kilo charlie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 25, 2017
I am a native Texan now retired to the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. I have been an avid grill and smoker enthusiast for more than 50 years. My beginnings are slow and low smoking brisket in a offset barrel smoker using mesquite wood for that classic Texan taste profile. Over the years I have owned probably every type of smoker made. As of last week I purchased the new Pit Boss Platinum Laredo 1000, adding it to my Cook Shack electric, a Traeger Pro and a Weber dome. After initial seasoning, I did 3 racks of Baby Back Ribs and 5 ponds of chicken wings, both of which were outstanding. I now have a 17 pond Choice Grade Packer Brisket in the fridge for smoking this week. My plan is now to Craig’s List the 3 older units and keep the new Pit Boss, assuming this brisket turns out great.
Welcome!!

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Welcome from South Carolina. Looking forward to see how the brisket turns out for you. 🍻
John

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Welcome Rob!!
From SouthEast Pennsylvania!!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.