Experienced Q’er New To This Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmkyMtnRob

Original poster
Apr 17, 2021
Sevierville, TN
I am a native Texan now retired to the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. I have been an avid grill and smoker enthusiast for more than 50 years. My beginnings are slow and low smoking brisket in a offset barrel smoker using mesquite wood for that classic Texan taste profile. Over the years I have owned probably every type of smoker made. As of last week I purchased the new Pit Boss Platinum Laredo 1000, adding it to my Cook Shack electric, a Traeger Pro and a Weber dome. After initial seasoning, I did 3 racks of Baby Back Ribs and 5 ponds of chicken wings, both of which were outstanding. I now have a 17 pond Choice Grade Packer Brisket in the fridge for smoking this week. My plan is now to Craig’s List the 3 older units and keep the new Pit Boss, assuming this brisket turns out great.

I am a native Texan now retired to the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. I have been an avid grill and smoker enthusiast for more than 50 years. My beginnings are slow and low smoking brisket in a offset barrel smoker using mesquite wood for that classic Texan taste profile. Over the years I have owned probably every type of smoker made. As of last week I purchased the new Pit Boss Platinum Laredo 1000, adding it to my Cook Shack electric, a Traeger Pro and a Weber dome. After initial seasoning, I did 3 racks of Baby Back Ribs and 5 ponds of chicken wings, both of which were outstanding. I now have a 17 pond Choice Grade Packer Brisket in the fridge for smoking this week. My plan is now to Craig’s List the 3 older units and keep the new Pit Boss, assuming this brisket turns out great.
Welcome!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky