Ever file an amended tax return? OMG!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If the IRS were allowed to update their outdated computer systems, this would not be near the issue that it now is.

JC :emoji_cat:
What updating do they need? Are they running Widows 95 or something?
If they're "allowed" to hire 75,000 new agents, each needing a computer, workspace, salary and benefits I'm just not buying it....

What updating do they need? Are they running Widows 95 or something?
If they're "allowed" to hire 75,000 new agents, each needing a computer, workspace, salary and benefits I'm just not buying it....

I think they are running Windows 98. No worker can do a proper job without proper tools. I don't know about you but I get tangible benefits by paying taxes.

I think they are running Windows 98. No worker can do a proper job without proper tools. I don't know about you but I get tangible benefits by paying taxes.

The IRS has two primary operating systems, the "Individual Master File System" and the "Business Master File System". Both systems were written in an assembly language, and are approximately 60 years old. Win95 might be considered a significant upgrade.

Reactions: JC in GB
I had to file an amended return shortly after I filed my original. Difference was about $750 that I owed them. But they sent me a refund for the full (incorrect) amount, so I'm waiting for them to send me a bill to get some of back.

The IRS has two primary operating systems, the "Individual Master File System" and the "Business Master File System". Both systems were written in an assembly language, and are approximately 60 years old. Win95 might be considered a significant upgrade.
I had read something along those lines. But I can't throw stones, for 30 years I used a DOS version of Quicken in my business. Data entry was very easy, and the reports I turned into my CPA came in a summary and itemized versions. The downside was that Windows XP was the last OS to support my program, so I had two laptops reserved only for quicken. And backed everything up on pdf files.

Really are we sniping back and fourth about the IRS really the IRS come on. As for the person making this thread their first post do you really think I didn't check them out the best I could with what tools we have before just letting the post pass not saying they aren't going to spam us but heck what was to say most of you weren't when you first posted :emoji_laughing:

And sometimes we have to wait a day for them to come back and put their spam link into their post. They are gone now

Last edited:
Reactions: pc farmer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky