Enter Fattie Throwdown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It is too bad you joined smf a few weeks after this all happened. I am sure you would have had some good ones. I joined just a few weeks before this throwdown-I guess I was just in time.

I'm putting my effort into keeping this at the top top to be turned into a sticky.

I just spent the last 45 mins to an hour looking at all the great looking fatties. Now I get to go home and stare longingly out at my CGSP on the patio. So cold and lonely out there, under her cover.

Go for it Jon, I down for a fattie throwdown.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Monthly might be too often, maybe 1 to 4 times a year. and maybe one of the admins could make a trophy avatar or something and attach it to your profile. "Fattie Fanatic #1, #2, #3 etc."

a badge of fattie honor.
let's get some discussion going for scoring and such.
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Michael

Mine got lost in the changeover, so thought I post it here instead. I wanted to be able to look at it as I go into old age and my memory goes away!

Smokeguy's Fall 2008 Fatty Throwdown Entries
Well, I'm not real sure what happened to the Fall Throwdown, but at least I had fun making (and eating) up the entries! Just a note if you didn't enter that these were the pictures we had to use: rolled out, the "guts", rolled up, out of smoker, and then cut. At the beginning we also had to have an armadillo or the word "armadillo" in each picture, but that was later changed. That's why mine have those pictures in them though.

1st Entry- Smokeguyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Steamed Pork Potstickers Fatty

I used regular Owens sausage for this one. I got it rolled out and then put a couple of leaves of Chinese cabbage on there, trimmed a bit to get more leaf and less stalk. On top of that it got some previously steamed Schwanâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s potstickers (nuked actually in a sealed plastic bag) that I had cooled back down again so that it wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t make the sausage warm and hard to roll. After that it got a sprinkling of chopped green onions (2 of them), and then several spoonfuls of the following dipping sauce:

½ cup soy sauce (used ¼ cup low sodium, ¼ cup regular)
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, fresh minced
Nuke for one minute and then stir to blend

Got it all rolled up and then added a bacon weave. It went into the MES smoker at 230 using Apple wood chips and some Picnic lump charcoal.

2nd Entry- Smokeguyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Apple Pie Fatty

With this one I started with regular Owens sausage. After getting it rolled out, I spooned some Apple pie filling on it, added some slices of medium cheddar to the top, then spread out a pack (2 bars) of Nature Valley Oats ‘N Honey Crunchy Granola Bars on top and around that. I got that all rolled up and then wrapped it up in a bacon weave and then lightly dusted it with cinnamon. After that it went into the MES smoker at 230 using Apple wood chips and lump charcoal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky