Encapsulated acid

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gunnerdog77

Original poster
Nov 21, 2019
Can you add ECA ....and stuff then let sit overnight in fridge before smoking or do you have to smoke immediately after stuffing ?

There are those that say you must smoke immediately but I have done many, many batches where I let hang in the fridge overnight before smoking. I actually did an experiment once to see what, if any difference, there was between the two approaches. If you smoke immediately, you get a much sharper and more pronounced Twang from the ECA. If you let it hang overnight, the twang is still there but more subdued....not quite as sharp.

Robert

Mix your meat, add ECA, stuff and smoke. Dont hold it over night, your mix can get mushy.

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky