Elephant in the room

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Over the pond here we were just to scared to mention it - in case you reminded us about Brexit!

Last edited:
ding, ding!

That's the bell for round one!

Should be an interesting thread. I'll check back later.

I wasn't expecting arguments or debates...but I thought I would see some in innuendos, or civil jokes.

Wade,
Good one.

We strive to keep Politics and Religion off of the forum because it causes too much hard feelings. I think because of this most people come here to get away from that stuff.

Thumbs Up

We strive to keep Politics and Religion off of the forum because it causes too much hard feelings. I think because of this most people come here to get away from that stuff.

icon14.gif
Exactly !!!

And there's no such thing as "Civil Politics"  That should be Obvious by now.

Thanks for what you do, Brian.
icon14.gif

Bear

icon14.gif
Zackly Bri.  Has nothing to do with improving the Q. point. b

What others have said about keeping this out:  I'm not missing one iota the politico robocalls day and night.  The deafening roar of silence over the last 2 1/2 days has been awesome!   :beercheer:

I agree! I don't miss the politics here on the board. Now voting on which type of que you like better is another matter entirely! All up for that!

What others have said about keeping this out:  I'm not missing one iota the politico robocalls day and night.  The deafening roar of silence over the last 2 1/2 days has been awesome!   :beercheer:
I'm with you on that, Ouch. I was thinking Thank God it's over (and frankly, I'm OK with how it turned out), but it just won't stop. We broke a show here in Indy tonight and by 11:00 we were smelling smoke in the convention center. There was a "protest" downtown and after the peaceful folks were done the nuts came out. No mention in the news about a fire ( just the standard rock throwing at police), but somebody lit up something.
It's not over...

I don't get the Protesters....It won't change a thing to burn cars and destroy property!!!...
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
...JJ

Last edited:
Exactly, JJ. What I don't get is why these things are given any coverage at all. Numbers I have seen total fewer than 100K, many didn't bother to exercise their privilege to vote, and some "interviews" I've seen only want to spew foul language on live TV to mess with the censors. They "represent" only about 0.03% of the entire US population--less than those who would fill the football stadium on a Knoxville Saturday night, and this is newsworthy because? If that agitated about it, try something constructive during the day, instead of creating mayhem under the cloak of darkness. Acting like nocturnal vermin doesn't advance any cause one iota.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky