Elephant in the room

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Exactly, JJ. What I don't get is why these things are given any coverage at all. Numbers I have seen total fewer than 100K, many didn't bother to exercise their privilege to vote, and some "interviews" I've seen only want to spew foul language on live TV to mess with the censors. They "represent" only about 0.03% of the entire US population--less than those who would fill the football stadium on a Knoxville Saturday night, and this is newsworthy because? If that agitated about it, try something constructive during the day, instead of creating mayhem under the cloak of darkness. Acting like nocturnal vermin doesn't advance any cause one iota.
The sad thing is when the protest goes as planned in a peaceful, intelligent manner people listen. That's what the #1 Amendment is all about. When a few troublemakers get involved all that's remembered is the trouble.

The sad thing is when the protest goes as planned in a peaceful, intelligent manner people listen. That's what the #1 Amendment is all about. When a few troublemakers get involved all that's remembered is the trouble.
I agree. I support their " RIGHT " to protest but there is a hell of a difference between the Civil Right Protests in the 60's and War Protests in the 70's, that accomplished change, and this silly S#!T...When did things go from marches and sit-ins to " I'm mad so I think I'll go rob me a Big Screen TV, then burn the store...JJ

Last edited:
I agree. I support their " RIGHT " to protest but there is a hell of a difference between the Civil Right Protests in the 60's and War Protests in the 70's, that accomplished change, and this silly S#!T...When did things go from marches and sit-ins to " I'm mad so I think I'll go rob me a Big Screen TV, then burn the store...JJ
When the "Media" took over, JJ. Peaceful isn't news now. I won't get into the current administration agenda. Young people now didn't see pictures of separate drinking fountains for whites and colored. They don't sit in dormitory rooms listening to draft lottery numbers to hear who has to report within 2 weeks to go to a country they don't even know the location of.
They don't have anything to get excited about except LGBT or whatever the late night comedians
tell them is cool or not. They don't know the difference between a Democracy and a Republic.
A lot of people are getting ready to to get a healthy slap in the face of reality.
It's going to be interesting ;-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky