Electric shaver.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I thought I'd post this in case someone was in need of a razor. I normally keep my Grizzly Adams thing going pretty much year round. At work you need to wear a beard net and hair net. When covid hit. I just wore a gaiter that took care of both issues. But a couple months ago the company decided that we had to wear a mask that they are supplying. And it is thick, restrictive, and if your doing hard work. It is a real PITA. And if you have a beard. You must wear the beard net. Which adds insult to injury. And I stubble quick. And hate shaving in the morning. So, after digging around in the closet. I found my shaver that I had in the service, 30 plus years ago.. Plugged it in. And it made a strange noise and popped the gfi. Into the trash it went.
So my quest began. After reading countless reviews on numerous brands of razors. I found this:

IMG_0329.jpg

The online reviews are really favorable on this one. I bought it on Amazon for 32.00 shipped

IMG_0330.jpg

Inside the box was the razor, usb cord, power brick, and cleaning brush.

IMG_0332.jpg

The razor is cordless. And claims to have a 60 minute run between charges. So, I charged it up some. And tried it out. I must say. I'm pretty impressed with it.
I got a smooth shave with it. It has a pop out trimmer that I haven't tried yet. Like other razors such as this. It will pull a longer hair if it gets a chance. On normal stubble it did very well.
Anyway, if you're in the market for a face scrapper. Here ya go!

Last edited:
The lithium ion battery revolution has done great things for electric shavers!

I have been using Braun foil razors for about 15 years or more, on my 2nd 1 now, they are $$ to buy but work so well for so long its hard to change.

I have been using Braun foil razors for about 15 years or more, on my 2nd 1 now, they are $$ to buy but work so well for so long its hard to change.

With around 60 years of shaving experience I never used an electric shaver until around 18 months ago following major surgery that called for, among many things, a deep neck incision running from ear to ear resulting in significant, though temporary, contours and depressions that prohibited the use of a traditional razor. In talking to the surgeon, he recommended an electric shaver and my wife got one on Amazon, a Braun Series 7 wet/dry foil shaver and it was, and still is, perfect. With no experience in buying an electric shaver my wife simply purchased the model with the best reviews and it wasn't cheap, around $200 if I remember correctly. As far as I'm concerned, it was worth it. I no longer need it as I previously did, but I doubt that I'll ever revert back to a traditional razor.

With around 60 years of shaving experience I never used an electric shaver until around 18 months ago following major surgery that called for, among many things, a deep neck incision running from ear to ear resulting in significant, though temporary, contours and depressions that prohibited the use of a traditional razor. In talking to the surgeon, he recommended an electric shaver and my wife got one on Amazon, a Braun Series 7 wet/dry foil shaver and it was, and still is, perfect. With no experience in buying an electric shaver my wife simply purchased the model with the best reviews and it wasn't cheap, around $200 if I remember correctly. As far as I'm concerned, it was worth it. I no longer need it as I previously did, but I doubt that I'll ever revert back to a traditional razor.

I looked at those as well. And darn near pulled the trigger on it. But the price had me looking for other options.

I looked at those as well. And darn near pulled the trigger on it. But the price had me looking for other options.

I understand. When my wife told me the price I was shocked, but never having purchased an electric shaver before, I didn't have any point of reference on what they cost and, at that point, I didn't care. Also, I figured that since my surgeon recommended an electric shaver, I declared the purchase price as a "Medically Necessary Equipment Expense" on my 2019 taxes. It all worked out well.

Safety razor, badger hair brush, and shaving soap in a mug. No batteries required.
I have injured myself with the old time heavy "safety" razor. I could not imagine myself using a straight razor.
I have my father's badger hair brush. I used it back in the day when my facial hair was softer.

The urologist used a disposable and no soap. I thought he was going to complete the "procedure" with that disposable as fast as he cleared the target zone..

I recently decided to try an electric razor because I have to wear a full face mask Cpap due to having sleep Apnea. I thought it would be handy to be able to just shave quickly around the mask area before I went to bed. I wanted to get the best one I could find, so after a lot of research, I bought the Braun series 9 9390cc razor. This thing was very expensive and for my beard and face it just didn't do the job. It was irritating to my neck and didn't give me really a close shave, like a blade, a few hours after a shave I would already have stubble forming. I gave it a good 3 weeks trial but ended up sending it back, thanks Amazon for your great return policy. I went back to my Gillette razor and blades.

I recently decided to try an electric razor because I have to wear a full face mask Cpap due to having sleep Apnea. I thought it would be handy to be able to just shave quickly around the mask area before I went to bed. I wanted to get the best one I could find, so after a lot of research, I bought the Braun series 9 9390cc razor. This thing was very expensive and for my beard and face it just didn't do the job. It was irritating to my neck and didn't give me really a close shave, like a blade, a few hours after a shave I would already have stubble forming. I gave it a good 3 weeks trial but ended up sending it back, thanks Amazon for your great return policy. I went back to my Gillette razor and blades.

I know the feeling. Getting a decent seal with a beard is trying at times.

I thought I'd post this in case someone was in need of a razor. I normally keep my Grizzly Adams thing going pretty much year round. At work you need to wear a beard net and hair net. When covid hit. I just wore a gaiter that took care of both issues. But a couple months ago the company decided that we had to wear a mask that they are supplying. And it is thick, restrictive, and if your doing hard work. It is a real PITA. And if you have a beard. You must wear the beard net. Which adds insult to injury. And I stubble quick. And hate shaving in the morning. So, after digging around in the closet. I found my shaver that I had in the service of electric razor under $100, 30 plus years ago.. Plugged it in. And it made a strange noise and popped the gfi. Into the trash it went.
So my quest began. After reading countless reviews on numerous brands of razors. I found this:

View attachment 487830

The online reviews are really favorable on this one. I bought it on Amazon for 32.00 shipped

View attachment 487831

Inside the box was the razor, usb cord, power brick, and cleaning brush.

View attachment 487832

The razor is cordless. And claims to have a 60 minute run between charges. So, I charged it up some. And tried it out. I must say. I'm pretty impressed with it.
I got a smooth shave with it. It has a pop out trimmer that I haven't tried yet. Like other razors such as this. It will pull a longer hair if it gets a chance. On normal stubble it did very well.
Anyway, if you're in the market for a face scrapper. Here ya go!
Just wondering if many on here use electric razors. I just invested in a Braun Series 9 Pro after doing a few weeks of research on the subject. It's a wet/dry model so I'm hoping I'll get good results while still using my Proraso pre-shave cream and Proraso shaving cream. I'll still use my Gillette razor for my head, but I've been wanting to check out an electric razor for my face & neck for some time now. Any input on your experiences is appreciated.

I always thought Braun had good products.
I bought one (don't know what the model is but it was wet/dry also).
Used it just a few times . Took a longgggg time to shave (3-4 min.).
Bought a 3 head Max-T and and can shave in less than a minute.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky