Eggs Mexicana With Queso

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Back in the day when we used to go to our favorite little Mexican restaurant for breakfast on the weekends one of the more commonly ordered meals was their Eggs Mexicana. I always had it topped with queso and had to get a side of meat...ham or sausage most times. Yesterday morning I saw a box of these Velveeta cheese blocks that Tracy had bought and I had no idea were in the cheese drawer. Hmmm...they sure do melt nicely so thought I'd utilize them with breakfast. Cut up some veggies and got everything ready to take out on the patio and fired up the flat top.

Homemade bacon, veggies, cheese in the pan, and eggs whipped up
033.jpg

Start by getting the bacon going
035.jpg

Veggies and pan with the cheese blocks in it. I wound up putting some milk in the cheese. It was just too thick
036.jpg

Got some biscuits on the grill
038.jpg

Another ugly picture of eggs being scrambled
039.jpg

Money shot...such as it is for breakfast
042.jpg

And dessert. Got the apple butter a couple weeks ago from a good friend here in the forum Best I've ever had. This stuff was outstanding and brought back a flood of childhood memories.
043.jpg

A nice Sunday morning breakfast and oddly enough, the first time I've made the Eggs Mexicana. Was kinda kicking myself for not thinking of it much sooner. We gave up the weekend trips out for breakfast about 4 years ago and I've been cooking them at home. Talk about the quintessential brain cramp!! This will be part of the regular rotation from now on though. Man this was good!!

Thanks for dropping in...again,
Robert

What a great way to start the day, I am loving that breakfast and just might have to be a big copy cat this morning, Like! I'll wait till about 9am so it'll be in the 90's, nice dip in the pool after I eat. Nice piece of work Robert! RAY

Looking good Robert! Love the cheese in the eggs! And the Apple butter! A friend of ours has an orchard and every year we get a ton of apples from her. We can them for pies and then we make apple butter to can as well. I'll take apple butter over just about any jamb or jelly any day of the week! Nice breakfast!

Nice looking breakfast Robert! I'd definitely eat a plate of that...messy looking or not! Bet that cheese really made it good. Apple butter looks tasty too!

Ryan

I’m loving that breakfast Robert! Just all that cheese melted over top looks to die for!

I might grab a block of velveeta to make this. I’m cooking solo this upcoming weekend so it’s the perfect time. I’m sure I could find other ways to use up the rest of the cheese.

Apple butter on biscuits is great! It goes really good on some scrapple too!

Great job! Like!

I Think they sell it in halves and 1/4's now . Or buy a can of Rotel and some chips . Lol .

I’ve seen it in the 8oz packs like cream cheese but I would probably buy more for the rotel dip. Problem is I want to eat the entire block, lol.

Looks excellent, I'm going to have to copycat that. I like the simplicity of it, especially on a Sunday morning.

I eat the same breakfast everyday!
I have to branch out more & try some different things!
Your dish looks absolutely delicious!
Al

What a great way to start the day, I am loving that breakfast and just might have to be a big copy cat this morning

Thank you Ray!! It was a quick, easy, and really tasty way to start the day. I'm gonna be doing this a lot in the future I'm sure. Thanks for hte like buddy!!

Looking good Robert! Love the cheese in the eggs! And the Apple butter! A friend of ours has an orchard and every year we get a ton of apples from her.

Appreciate the kind words Travis. I am a committed cheese junkie. We probably go through 7 pounds of cheese a week. It's on almost every meal in some capacity. As far as the apple butter, I used to eat it all the time as a kind and just loved the stuff. Had not had it for probably 40 years and suddenly the jar showed up on my door step. What a Godsend. this stuff is about as pure is it can get. Only 4 ingredients in it, that's all.

Nice looking breakfast Robert! I'd definitely eat a plate of that...messy looking or not! Bet that cheese really made it good. Apple butter looks tasty too!

Thanks so much Ryan. If I'm not mistaken there was a post recently where apple butter was mentioned and I believe you were one of the folks expounding in the virtues of it. Kinda like gravy, and BOY OH BOY do I have a post to show you buddy. Probably gonna put it out here tomorrow and will tag you on it.

Robert

I’m loving that breakfast Robert! Just all that cheese melted over top looks to die for!

Thank you Joe. You know i put cheese on pretty much everything. It's in my blood.

I might grab a block of velveeta to make this

This actually came in a box that had 5) 4 oz. blocks in it. those are a nice size to work with.

Apple butter on biscuits is great!

Oh yes!! I wound up eating the last two biscuits slathered with it, and loved every bite.

Robert

I Think they sell it in halves and 1/4's now . Or buy a can of Rotel and some chips . Lol .

They also sell it in pouches like you get in the Velveeta Shells & Cheese, but without the shells, just the cheese sauce. We do the Ro Tel and Velveeta regularly when we used to have parties...but that's been a while unfortunately. Makes a great queso.

Looks excellent, I'm going to have to copycat that. I like the simplicity of it, especially on a Sunday morning.

Go for it please!! So simple yet so delicious. Ya can't go wrong.

Robert

Man that looks good Robert. That velveeta just put it over the top. I could go for a big plate about now!

Well come on down brother!! I'll whip you up a big plate real quick. You could do a monster batch of that on your griddle, that's for sure.

Robert

I eat the same breakfast everyday!
I have to branch out more & try some different things!
Your dish looks absolutely delicious!

Thanks so much Al. don't know why it took me so long to get on board with this. As you know though, I'm into trying to mix up the menu as much as possible and always looking for new stuff to make. This one will be a repeat though and part of the ever expanding rotation of meals. Sadly though we only do breakfast together on the weekends for having to work M-F.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky