Eggs Benedict with Smoked Rib Meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bertman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
Heartland of America
My wife ordered something similar to this at a breakfast spot in Omaha a few years ago, and we still remember it fondly. Last week I smoked three slabs of spare ribs for our son and his buddies for a bachelor party, and we had some leftovers. I jumped at this chance.

Ham.jpg

I browned some sandwich-style ham slices as a substitute for the Canadian Bacon (and wondered why, since the star of the show would be smoked rib meat).

English Muffins.jpg

Toasted English muffins.

Eggs.jpg

Poached eggs with the silicone egg poachers.

Hollandaise.jpg

Hollandaise sauce was from an online recipe:
3 egg yolks
1 T lemon juice
1 t Dijon mustard
1/4 t salt
(I substituted rub for a pinch of cayenne)
1/2 cup melted butter

Plate1.jpg

Plate2.jpg

This turned out amazing. The memory of that restaurant version seems like it was better (sometimes memories are like that), but I believe I did it justice. This was a lot of work, but I'll be doing this again.

I vacuum sealed and froze little packages of the rib meat, and have already enjoyed it on top of cheesy grits. I can't wait to be inspired to try it with other meals, too.

That is one creative and beautiful plate, looks delicious! I love EB tho always take the easy way using a pack of Knorrs Hollandaise sauce. RAY

Looks good. Nice plating...JJ

Very nice, awesome job with the rib leftovers! Though questioning why you have ribs leftovers?!? :emoji_wink: LOL

All kidding aside that is one phenomenal job! Every time I see Eggs Benedict it reminds me of my Grandma… that was one of her favorite meals!

Heck ya that looks great! I love them little egg boats, never seen them before... I might lead a sheltered life lol! Do you remember the name of the place in Omaha?

Ryan

Very nice. I just had a Eggs Ben Cajun style in a place that was on TripleD that used sausage and the pork flavor is a perfect match. I will be doing this in the future!

Yeah baby I'll be over for my plate

Point for sure
Chris

Heck ya that looks great! I love them little egg boats, never seen them before... I might lead a sheltered life lol! Do you remember the name of the place in Omaha?

Ryan
It was Saddle Creek Breakfast Club, but this was at least two years ago, and when I checked their menu recently, that Eggs Benny was no longer listed.

Holy crap! Just figured out I made the carousel. When I logged in I got distracted by Dirtsailor's Bacon Wrapped Hatch Chili Meatloaf. I've been hanging around here for over seven years, and this is my first time being featured.

Thanks for all the feedback and likes. Hopefully I inspired at least one of you. And if nothing else, try them with cheesy grits. It was good enough that when I bragged about it to my wife, I woke up the next morning to find that she had stolen my leftovers! :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky