Eggs Benedict - My Way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Now that I'm rich in Canadian Bacon this morning cried out for a Eggs Benedict breakfast, it's my favorite. Got the cast of characters assembled on the island in the kitchen, oven turned to 185º, large deep skillet of water with a half cup of vinegar added to poach the eggs.
DSCN2778.JPG

DSCN2807.JPG
DSCN2806.JPG

While the skillet was heating up to a nice simmer I cut the English muffins in half and dressed them up with a slice of smoked cheddar that I did this past Xmas and a slice of my CB, into the oven for ten minutes to beat up the CB and melt the cheese. The smoked cheddar adds a nice touch!
DSCN2808.JPG

Once the skillet vinegar-water was heated to just below a boil I dropped in the eggs. I use a wide mouth mason jar ring in the pan so the eggs hold form, lift the rings off with a pair of BBQ tongs after a couple of minutes.
DSCN2809.JPG

While that's going on I start the Hollandaise sauce, I use half a pack, easy peasy and perfect every time.
DSCN2810.JPG

The eggs and Hollandaise are both done in five minutes, pop the goods out of the oven and transfer to a fresh plate
DSCN2811.JPG

Spoon on some of that sauce, add some black pepper
DSCN2812.JPG

At the table with a nice glass of cran-mango juice. Bon Appetit!
DSCN2813.JPG

Doesn't take long to gobble this down, Bob was more than happy to assist with cleanup.
DSCN2814.JPG

Boy howdy was this ever a great way to begin the day, absolutely delicious! Bob cleaned my plate, Jan did the dishes, and I just about need a nap! Probably going to be a fairly light dinner tonight, this ones a wrap. Thanks for lookin' in stay safe and warm as possible! RAY

Thanks Teal! It's my favorite breakfast too and pretty darned easy to pull off. When we lived in CA and I had my ocean going boat sometimes I'd make Dungeness Crab Benedict, I do miss that. Thanks for the Like Teal, I appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: Fueling Around
Doesn't take long to gobble this down, Bob was more than happy to assist with cleanup.
View attachment 485252
Boy howdy was this ever a great way to begin the day, absolutely delicious! Bob cleaned my plate, Jan did the dishes, and I just about need a nap! Probably going to be a fairly light dinner tonight, this ones a wrap. Thanks for lookin' in stay safe and warm as possible! RAY
Food looks great, we love eggs Benedict, but we absolutely love our Spaniels MORE!! Beautiful dog....

Reactions: sawhorseray
ive been eating a lot of eggs benedict myself since i got into curing. looks delicious

Thanks Hamdrew! Now that I've got 15 pounds of CB I'll be having EB a lot more often myself. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Heck yeah ray that looks amazing

Thanks Jake! It's one of the things I cook up that makes Jan real happy, and that's always a bonus! RAY

Food looks great, we love eggs Benedict, but we absolutely love our Spaniels MORE!! Beautiful dog....

Thank you! Bob's my third bench springer and the first one who doesn't have to hunt, tho he spends a lot of time protecting the pool fountains from the evil doves, hates them. Thank you for the Like GS, I appreciate it. RAY
DSCN1797.JPG

Yes sir! We love a Benedict and definitely our spaniels!

You bet, there's nothing in the world cuter than a little spotted dog!

Outstanding Ray! I will take a plate as well. Better get me a designated driver and make it two plates.

Thank you John! Two plates? I only had one and almost needed help getting to my recliner! Thanks for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it. RAY

Good lookin breakfast . Nice work bud .

Thanks Rich, the best part was I didn't have to do any of the cleanup! Thank you for the Like Rich, much appreciated. RAY

Great job Ray! The Canadian Bacon looks perfect! And when married up as Eggs Benedict, nothing more to ask for, except maybe more for dinner!! 🍻

Thank you Wurstmeister! More for dinner would be too much to handle for me, Bob and I had to go over to the park to walk some of that breakfast off. Thanks you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Man you make it look easy and tasty. Glad to see Bob was able to assist in the cleanup. Jim

Thank Jim, it is easy! The whole thing takes maybe twenty minutes, the cleanup is what's a killer. Fortunately Bob and Jan took care of all that, I'd have left everything in the sink until was later. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Ray That does look good I may have to try that package sauce. Big Likes Richie

Thanks Richie! Years back I tried making Hollandaise sauce from scratch and it was more a pain than it was worth, the Knorrs is the best packaged I've found. When Jan isn't having any right at the end I like to squeeze in a few drops of fresh lemon juice, it a nice add. Thank you for the Like Richie, I do appreciate it. RAY

looks delicous Ray, looks like Bob gave ya paws up

Thank Jim! Bob never begs or gets pushy, but when I'm eating or at the cutting board Bob sits right at my side patiently waiting, he doesn't get stiffed unless the food is something spicy. My old lab used to sit there and drool until we got sick of that and put her outside when we ate. Thank you for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY

That looks great Ray. Love a good Benedict. Don't have it often enough, the Mrs. doesn't like it. Great job again on that CB. Glad Bob got to help clean up. Nice work. Stay safe.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Yes sir! We love a Benedict and definitely our spaniels!
View attachment 485280
Currently we have Lucy, the puppy in my avatar. She's a year old and 50/50 Boykin and English Springer. She is a double hand full, either 100 mph or asleep, but has really stolen our/my heart and needs a lot of attention. Lucy is built exactly like your Bob. I'm not planning to hunt her, but she's got it in her, very noticeable. Extremely soft mouth. We also have an 8 year old full blooded Cocker. Before Lucy, we had Riley, another English. Losing him still hurts tremendously. Smartest dog I've ever owned and I swear that he could read my mind.

20200905_085842.jpg
20200412_151650.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky