Easy Veggie Side

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

q3131a

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2005
Gulf Coast Florida
This is a quick and easy side dish that can be prepared ahead of time and the tossed in the oven 15 minutes before serving.

1 lb Asparagus, broccoli green beans or other veggie you want to use.
2 cloves of garlic smashed
Olive oil to coat
Kosher salt and fresh ground cracked black pepper
Juice from 1/2 lemon

Place veggies in oven proof dish. Drizzle olive oil over veggies. Put smashed garlic cloves in with veggies. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat all parts of veggies with oil.

Preheat oven to 450*. Bake veggies for 12 minutes (asparagus or green beans) 15 minutes for broccoli.

Pull from oven and squeeze 1/2 lemon over veggies and toss again quickly. Serve hot.

Even my 5 year old will eat these veggies.

I do the samething alot of times with various veggies (onions, peppers, and mushrooms are my favorite) and various seasonings. Usually a little of this and little of that to experiment. Try them in your smoker for about an hour for a real treat.
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky