Easy Bourbon Chicken Breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
One of the best things about pellet smokers is that it can be used to make easy, moist, boneless skinless chicken breasts.

The circulating air allows for a great crust and cooking at high temperatures makes a cut of chicken that can be dry and rubbery moist with a great coating.

I am busy getting our garden in shape so I wanted to make this recipe as simple as possible.

I mixed 40 ml (3 tbsp) of bourbon with 75 ml, (1/3 cup) of barbecue sauce. For this cook I used Heinz Memphis BBQ sauce but any quality sauce will do.

I coated the chicken with the mixture, covered, and marinated for 2 hours to overnight, turning occassionally.

I heated my grill to 450 F (230 C) and put the chicken in for 10 minutes. Brush the chicken with sauce, flip and cook for 10 minutes more or until the internal temperature is 165 F (74 C).

You could do this over indirect heat on a gas or charcoal barbecue.

Easy Bourbon Chicken Breasts 01.jpg

Remove and let the breasts rest for 5 to 10 minutes

Easy Bourbon Chicken Breasts 03.jpg

Easy Bourbon Chicken Breasts 04.jpg

The Verdict

Easy doesn’t mean not tasty. The air circulation of the pellet grill with a higher cooking temperature resulted in moist chicken breasts with a good coating and a touch of char.

Try these the next time you’re feeling lazy.

Disco

Looks great, Disco! I always cook boneless chicken on the gas grill. I have a char broil Tru Infrared, which always keeps boneless breasts moist, but I'll try it on the pellet grill next time.

Reactions: Colin1230
Most excellent looking breasts Disco.

Point for sure
Chris

Bourbon goes great in a sauce..I have plenty of experience there!
Not sure I ever tried marinating with it. Gotta' give it a try. Yours looks great!

Man thats almost Jim proof. Looks darn good.
Jim

Har! If I can make it, anyone can.

Looks delicious Disco!
Great looking meal!
Al

Most kind, Al!

Bourbon goes great in a sauce..I have plenty of experience there!
Not sure I ever tried marinating with it. Gotta' give it a try. Yours looks great!

Bourbon improves most things but I prefer drinking Irish whiskey. It doesn't cook up as well though.

Reactions: bill1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky