Easter Pork and Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Well I was going to have a smoked Pork Shoulder supper and TNJAKE TNJAKE 's Bourbon Pecan Pie. I'm glad i did the Pie the day before as we had a little bad weather for Easter. It was freezing rain and flurries. I know i built the Smokers Shack for that reason , but it was just to nasty to run back and forth. So in the house it was cooked

DSC_2327.JPG
DSC_2328.JPG

Jake the pie was fantastic, Thank You .
Sorry used store bought pie crust, Smoked with apple wood and at 350 deg 1 hour and 10 minutes ( internal temp 205 deg )

Shoulder light coat of canola oil and light seasoning of my rib rub. at 325 deg. for 3 hours. Than 1 hour at 375 deg

DSC_2329.JPG
DSC_2332.JPG

I missed having the smoked meal , but it all ended up great. Mashed potatoes and gravy, cinnamon carrots and fresh mixed veg with oregano and vinegar and oil. And of coarse my first smoked pie

DSC_2333.JPG
DSC_2334.JPG

Thanks for looking

David

Wow !
I love a pork roast like that . Fantastic . Great looking pie too .

Whole meal looks amazing David! Glad you liked the pie and btw I use store bought pie crust also lol

Thanks Jake, wife makes better pie crust than i do, she was busy so i just picked a couple up frozen
David
Wow !
I love a pork roast like that . Fantastic . Great looking pie too .
Thanks chopsaw, i love a good pork roast also, but i did want to try and smoke that one, there is always another day
David

That pie looks awesome. I need the sugar-free version. Lol
Thanks Brian, it was good . the recipe i got from Jake has no sugar in it..... OK i lied it was sweet and fantastic
David

David, that pie is a thing of beauty!! I'm not real big on pecan pie, but Miss Linda loves it, so guess what I'll be making. I just have to figure out how long to cook it in the MES--350* is out of my heat range.
I love roast pork, and to be honest, I love it just as much smoked or oven cooked.
Gary

I just have to figure out how long to cook it in the MES--350* is out of my heat range.
Thanks Gary for the like and comment,
as for the pie temp, i am not sure others might be able to help, but as long as the internal temp is up because of the eggs. Maybe you could smoke it longer than 1 hour at a lower temp. just longer so it sets and the eggs are cooked
Mona only had Pecan pie this year ...which i could not believe , so that is why i wanted to smoke one....and i will be doing again. turned out great as did the roast, love pork
David

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Sometimes a mans gotta due what a mans gotta due, and if that means indoors cooking then so be it. That meal looks great

Point for sure
Chris

Sometimes a mans gotta due what a mans gotta due, and if that means indoors cooking then so be it. That meal looks great

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris for the like and the comment
Yes i try to just go with the flow, so in the oven it went and all was well with the day , inside and warm
By the way real nice here today so im going to try to do a Fattie today thanks to your 3 part instructions, will let you know how it went
Thanks David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky