Easter is coming!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sam3

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Byram Twp., New Jersey
Need to load up on the Keilbasa!
grin.gif

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/116919/first-try-at-making-kielbasa

Simple recipe, I've posted it on here before. I used more garlic this time for my liking.

Mixed and into the frig overnight.

Stuffed into Hog casings.

Smoked these with apple this time.

Blooming after a poach bath followed by an ice bath. I couldn't take this all the way in the smoker, the fan mod carped the bed and it tripped the GFI.
shocked.gif

Money shot. Nice flavor with a plenty of garlic.

Now onto the periogies.
grin.gif

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Now thats some good looking sausage you have there.

Looks delicious!  For years and years we sold fresh polska kielbasa from Gianelli Sausage Co. the week before Easter, never imagining that some day I'd be making it myself!   Great job and hope you get your fan fixed!

Looks delicious!  For years and years we sold fresh polska kielbasa from Gianelli Sausage Co. the week before Easter, never imagining that some day I'd be making it myself!   Great job and hope you get your fan fixed!
Thanks Pops. When I was a kid, Easter was all about sitting through church anxiously waiting to go to my Grandparent's house in Clifton, NJ for a homemade Polish dinner. His periogies were out of this world too. I do this for my family now, it's a very special day for me.

Fan is fixed too.
icon14.gif

Man that is some great looking sausage and good on you  for keeping the tradition alive 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky