Early Flight (wings)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
Covered some wings in OVOO and dusted them with a mixture of kosher and sea salt, fresh ground peppercorns, and garlic powder. Smoked them at 300º using a combo of mesquite and hickory. Polished some of them with a little Sweet Baby Rayâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s 9:40 am (PST) and itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s already 81º, so I wanted to get it done before it gets any hotter. Yesterday hit 100º. First picture of the wings is at the one hour mark, already getting crisp. Second picture show them done after 1 ½ hours. Sorry for the presentation, the guest painter wanted an early lunch and he has no time to wait...
e0b92c15_vbattach17955.jpg

63a55a13_vbattach17954.jpg

a0ba8452_vbattach17953.jpg

Great lookin wings, I have a HUGE problem Qn poultry, cant get a constant 300degree or more on my smoker. So seeing this makes my lips smack. Nice Q-view.

Nice work Rich. I like them wings, especially if they're cut up and buffalo'd hot n spicy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky