dutches beans

Discussion in 'Veggies' started by jack, Aug 31, 2007.

1. does anyone know where i can find dutches bean recipe?

2. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

3. smokin for life

smokin for life Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Oh Jack are you in trouble now. Once you make these you'll have a big ole pot going all the time. But DAMN are they good!!!!

4. thank you sir

5. I use the original beans when I doctor some. Unfortunately since we do not measure I am unable to post a recipe.

Pooroldbob65

6. bgosnell151

bgosnell151 Smoking Fanatic

7. bgosnell151 likes this.
  8. bgosnell151

bgosnell151 Smoking Fanatic

9. mdboatbum

mdboatbum Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I used to do the same thing, I never measured and never wrote anything down. I took pride in considering myself a "seat of the pants" cook. Problem was, I couldn't ever repeat anything exactly the same way twice. In addition, I'd forget about whole meals, since I had no record of them. This irritated my wife no end. So I started using Evernote and just jotting down the recipes for things that worked out. I discovered that if I got it all down within a day or so of when I made it, I was a lot more likely to remember all the ingredients. Now I have a "cookbook" with a hundred or so of MY recipes that I can look through for ideas and even share with friends.

10. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Been there...haven't done this 'yet'. Thx for the Evernote tip.....immediately found the site & will, hopefully, start organizing myself. I have scribbles everywhere...LOL....mostly on printed out recipes I've tried. I'm now looking for my bread & butter jalapeno pickle recipe.....where did I put that?? grrrrrr