Dueling Ribs & Mac!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So was planning on pork ribs today but when I was at Costco yesterday with my wife she spied that they had beef ribs so I grabbed a package to have a dinner duel!!

The pork got rubbed down with Big Bald BBQ and classic olive oil and the beef ribs got dressed with SPOG and classic olive and they went on the pellet at 265.
13EECA15-6201-4F1C-9F60-34385D691A39.jpeg

About an hour in going to start moping the baby backs.
A12FBB41-21B4-4FC4-A255-7BA93213F3B8.jpeg

I started moping the baby backs every 45 min with some hard cider, butter, and big bald rub.
B9FAAF9C-5C33-4C8B-94FD-B0AD7552C858.jpeg

Bingo resting! I’m liking the affect of the olive oil!
D35FF41B-16C9-4655-B771-4D097A23ACD1.jpeg

The beef slice!
D4644DA2-0F41-412E-A409-BA1C8D99718A.jpeg

The baby back slice!
25AA91B3-C030-49F3-9BB3-0BDC877A155E.jpeg

It looks like a even duel to me!!! The Mac has a front row seat for the show!
1931B4C5-E362-4BB3-8399-76A923FD21F2.jpeg

The wife’s orange sesame spinach salad......pretty dang tasty!
3C30111C-40C0-4D76-B59A-A5863A0089AE.jpeg

Dueling rib money!
DB4B93B2-A8FC-4A52-BFA3-65D5B9119397.jpeg

Nice. Have yet to see beef ribs that meaty around here. All we see is bare bones with just a thin strip of meat between. After shrinkage, there is one good bite per bone!...JJ

That looks amazing! Local Costco here doesn't have beef ribs, but managed to find a butcher who did. I'll have to try that here soon.

That is just a wonderful piece of work! I can see the ribs are juicy and cooked to perfection, the mac and salad really round out a great dinner. Like, RAY

Beautiful ribs and beautiful plate! Don't see beef ribs like that around here much either but one of these days I plan to give them a try! Points for sure BIG LIKE!

Nice. Have yet to see beef ribs that meaty around here. All we see is bare bones with just a thin strip of meat between. After shrinkage, there is one good bite per bone!...JJ

Thanks JJ, We are very lucky in these parts, cause for some reason the meaty cut has a following and the butchers keep a pretty good stock of them.....I think its cause the "shiner" ones don't sell at all so they have realized they need to do it differently

That looks amazing! Local Costco here doesn't have beef ribs, but managed to find a butcher who did. I'll have to try that here soon.

Thanks Electric, this is the very first time I've seen Costco carry them. Not sure why but they had quite a few at $3.50/lb so really good price as well. I'm hopping they make it a standard item!!!!

Great looking meal there my friend!!
Al
Thanks Al, much appreciate the view and comment!

Awesome looking meal my friend.
Thanks JJS!

That is just a wonderful piece of work! I can see the ribs are juicy and cooked to perfection, the mac and salad really round out a great dinner. Like, RAY
Thanks RAY! I'm a KISS rib person so nothing to special other than cook to temp and texture. I also usually like a bit higher temp to avoid the stall as well. The mac is a regular but the salad was new, and I give hats off to the wife for sure!

Civil those ribs look awesome!

Nice job.

BIG LIKE!

John
Thanks John!

Nice job great looking ribs. Man I could just do those ribs no sides needed.

Warren
Thanks Warren, let me tell you hard as I try to just eat meat my wife just wont have it so I have to suffer through the sides.....LOL

Beautiful ribs and beautiful plate! Don't see beef ribs like that around here much either but one of these days I plan to give them a try! Points for sure BIG LIKE!

Thanks SmokinVOL! If you can find the meaty ones they are a bucket list item for sure. You may try to ask a local butcher to cut you some next time they have a boneless prime rib sale. That may give them a idea to make it an item!

Wow! What a meal! Both ribs look awesome!

POINT

thanks yankee! It was a fun smoke cause it was like being at an all you can eat rib bar! I want beef, no I want pork, some more beef, the a bit of Mac to reset the taste buds then do it all over again!

Doubling down! Love it! both ribs look great! nice job

Thanks sandy! Hard not to do when your craving ribs!!!!

And the pork BB were on sale for $5.50ish for the package and the beef ribs were $14ish for the package....so still way less than a take out burger on the first day, but we got a full left over meal last night out of it! Now that is called Doubling Down "Squared"........LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky