Dualing smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

va_connoisseur

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
DC Metro - Northern Virginia
Decided to try something new this weekend. I wanted to try a new chuckie rub but when I got to the store they had some shoulders on sale. I decided to break out a new pork injection I have been working on.

So, on the WSM now is a 3 pound chuckie and a 6.5 pork shoulder. First one to 165 gets the foil...
yahoo.gif

Well, they are both getting the foil...

753d5fa6_dualingsmoke.jpg

Looks great!!

This is where it gets hard to keep from burning your lips, tongue & fingers!

And my paws & claws too!

Bear

OK. Got it finished but forgot to post pics. The chuckie took about 5.5 to 6 hours. Had a good taste, full of juices, even the next day when I made a sammie while watching the first round of the Masters.

d0168605_beef.jpg

The pork rolled on for 12.5 hours. She hit her stall point around the 6 hour mark and sat for a good 1.5 hours before moving on up to 205. As I side note, I'm done with foiling. From this point on, shoulder will be riding the thin blue smoke unobstructed their entire time on the WSM. This one came along just well, as you can see from the clean bone.

0371b49c_pork.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky