• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dualing smoke

va_connoisseur

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 13, 2007
Decided to try something new this weekend. I wanted to try a new chuckie rub but when I got to the store they had some shoulders on sale. I decided to break out a new pork injection I have been working on.

So, on the WSM now is a 3 pound chuckie and a 6.5 pork shoulder. First one to 165 gets the foil...

Well, they are both getting the foil...

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
Looks goof from where I'm sitting.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks great!!

This is where it gets hard to keep from burning your lips, tongue & fingers!

And my paws & claws too!

Bear

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks great so far!

va_connoisseur

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 13, 2007
OK. Got it finished but forgot to post pics. The chuckie took about 5.5 to 6 hours. Had a good taste, full of juices, even the next day when I made a sammie while watching the first round of the Masters.

The pork rolled on for 12.5 hours. She hit her stall point around the 6 hour mark and sat for a good 1.5 hours before moving on up to 205. As I side note, I'm done with foiling. From this point on, shoulder will be riding the thin blue smoke unobstructed their entire time on the WSM. This one came along just well, as you can see from the clean bone.

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
They both look great. Nice work!

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Looks great, I do not foil either on pp

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.