Dry Salami

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by nepas, Mar 25, 2012.

1. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Few weeks back i made up 2 chubs of salami to put in my cure cabinet. Tonight i needed to slice one and look. Here is what i seen.

When i tied the chubs they were tied tight. Notice the shrinkage.
    [​IMG]

Sorry i didnt have the flash on

The casing used is protein lined.
    [​IMG]

Im happy with how they are progressing. They do need a few more weeks as they are still soft in the middle.
    [​IMG]

Going to re hang and let them go. Next time i will make smaller length chubs.

2. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now you're forcing me to clean out my garage and go buy another fridge to put out there and make a curing cabinet, aren't you?  AREN'T YOU???

(Dang, I hope you are!!!)  lol!  Looks delicious!

3. Looks great.  Did you use a Rytek recipe? 

4. you give me faith I can do it, dry salami is one of my favorite things in the world and yours looks amazing!

5. bratrules

bratrules Smoking Fanatic

Very nice!! am going to make some Fuet this week also. 

6. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

You're out of control. I'm pretty new to this forum andI won't lie, you have more different types of good sausage's than anyone. Not just sausage or jerky, but all of these advanced meats. I'm very impressed and want to thank you for your recipes and photo's, etc, !!  You've inspired me to take my obsession to a new level! Cheers Nepas!

7. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Looking good rick. Theres a problem with your curing chamber..... Theres this guy who has no patience who keeps going in there and cutting open all the sausage. Install a lock, give the key to the mrs and tell her not to give you the key till this date....... Your just like your sausage... Still soft in the middle..........[​IMG]

Joe

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  8. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looks great , lost plenty of Weight .

9. slownlow

slownlow Smoking Fanatic

Wow that looks really good.  [​IMG]

10. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You been talking with my wife...HAHA

She tells me i been getting soft in my old age.

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone