Dry aged rib roast is done.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbnice1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 22, 2017
Started with a prime grade bone-less rib roast from Sam's. Put it in a Umami bag for 30 days in the beer fridge.

Looks appetizing eh?
IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

Lotta trimmings.
IMG_5686.jpg

Steaks turned out great. Fat melts at your touch and the marbling looks great. Have 3 in the fridge but the rest are salted and peppered and ready for vacuum sealing and into the deep freeze till needed.
IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

How much did you lose in the trim?

edit
Forgot to say that is my absolute favorite steak. I've done it a couple times and wife doesn't like it . More for me!

No idea.. I know I started with a 13.5 pound prime rib. After ageing and aggressive trimming.( I like all the pellecos gone.) we ended up with 9 steaks 3/4 to 1 pound each.

Started with a prime grade bone-less rib roast from Sam's. Put it in a Umami bag for 30 days in the beer fridge.

Looks appetizing eh?
View attachment 494614
View attachment 494615

Lotta trimmings.
View attachment 494616

Steaks turned out great. Fat melts at your touch and the marbling looks great. Have 3 in the fridge but the rest are salted and peppered and ready for vacuum sealing and into the deep freeze till needed.
View attachment 494620
View attachment 494621
Those look excellent - enjoy

So steaks dry brined over night and they look pretty good. Seasoned then Vac sealed them and into the sous vide they got for 3-4 hours.
IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

Turned out pretty good. Would have liked to char them a bit more but it was late and we had a movie to watch. The twice baked tators were fantastic!
image0.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky