Driedsticks Pretzels with a kick!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
I needed one more filler item for our holiday gift baskets this year. Driedstick posted a recipe the other day for some pretzels and that fit the bill perfectly! Here's his recipe:

1 bag of pretzels

1 package of dry ranch dressing

1 package of dry Italian dressing

1 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder (use more if you like)

1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder

1 1'2 tsp of Lemon pepper

3/4 cup olive oil.

Mix well

Try before smoking and add more as needed

I did a double batch, two one pound bags. To the second batch I added a couple teaspoon of ground mustard.

I thought that 3/4 cup oil sounded like too much, so I only used 1/4 cup oil and that worked great. I used the 12" AMNTS with apple in the GOSM and ran the smoker at 170°, smoked for about 2 hours. They came out great! Good amount of heat, and nice flavor. Thanks for the recipe DS!

Firing up the AMNTS

Burn Baby Burn!

ENJOY!!!!

Those look great
drool.gif
, glad you liked them, Watch out they go very fast
th_crybaby2.gif
, great snacks also for the kids to take to school. 
Looks-Great.gif

DS.

I am planing on making a gift basket for the guys in my department and was looking for one more thing to add and just found it.

I am making them:
Smoked Cheese
Steak Rub
Flavored Sea Salt - Hot Chili
A Very Hot Pepper powder - Ghost/Anaheim/Habanero/Scotch Bonnet/and a couple others I do not remember dehydrated and ground
BBQ Sause
Seasoned/Smoked Pretzles

I hope they will like it.

I am planing on making a gift basket for the guys in my department and was looking for one more thing to add and just found it.

I am making them:
Smoked Cheese
Steak Rub
Flavored Sea Salt - Hot Chili
A Very Hot Pepper powder - Ghost/Anaheim/Habanero/Scotch Bonnet/and a couple others I do not remember dehydrated and ground
BBQ Sause
Seasoned/Smoked Pretzles

I hope they will like it.
Sounds like you have some lucky work mates! The pretzels are great! I hope my ife didn't eat them all, still need to assembly our gift baskets!

Here's another winning item that goes in ours every year:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/96021/spicy-and-sweet-smoked-nuts

Just put a double batch of these in the smoker (sorry no picture yet Dark and cold out). I will get one in a bit.

I cannot wait to give the guys their stuff tomorrow (see my post above) I hope they like it.

Ok, these came out great! Thanks for the how-to on these.

This completed my gift for my guys in my department I ran out of time so I did not do the BBQ Sauce but got the rest.

Smoked Cheese - Wax paper in front
Steak Rub - Glass jar
Flavored Sea Salt - Hot Chili - metal bowl
A Very Hot Pepper powder - Ghost/Anaheim/Habanero/Scotch Bonnet/and a couple others I do not remember dehydrated and ground - Bottom metal bowl
Seasoned/Smoked Pretzles - Snowman bag

Homemade toffee - bag in front

Last edited:

Just put a double batch of these in the smoker (sorry no picture yet Dark and cold out). I will get one in a bit.

I cannot wait to give the guys their stuff tomorrow (see my post above) I hope they like it.

Ok, these came out great! Thanks for the how-to on these.

This completed my gift for my guys in my department I ran out of time so I did not do the BBQ Sauce but got the rest.

Smoked Cheese - Wax paper in front
Steak Rub - Glass jar
Flavored Sea Salt - Hot Chili - metal bowl
A Very Hot Pepper powder - Ghost/Anaheim/Habanero/Scotch Bonnet/and a couple others I do not remember dehydrated and ground - Bottom metal bowl
Seasoned/Smoked Pretzles - Snowman bag

Homemade toffee - bag in front
Hey Link..... Question for you with the pretzels.  Did you just use a cookie sheet that fit in your smoker or did you use what I think I read was suggested is a pizza pan with holes in it?  I have an MES 40 however, I do not have a small rectangular pizza pan.  I was thinking I could use some of the aluminum pans I get from the dollar store, poke some holes in it for smoke penetration or looking at your setup it looks like you used a cookie sheet covered in tin foil.....

By the way, very nice gifts for your friends at work.  I hope each bite they take of everything they think of you and the amount of time it takes to do this and the love it takes to continue to do it to see the smile on peoples faces... That gives me the most joy as well!

Thanks for any suggestions.....

Tony (exromenyer)

I just got done cold smoke these for two hours in my wsm and they are so darn good! They are going quick. We always have a Christmas eve party and let me just say these will be on the table of goodies.

Thanks for shareing!

BTW I used apple wood pellets from Todd

Hey Link..... Question for you with the pretzels.  Did you just use a cookie sheet that fit in your smoker or did you use what I think I read was suggested is a pizza pan with holes in it?  I have an MES 40 however, I do not have a small rectangular pizza pan.  I was thinking I could use some of the aluminum pans I get from the dollar store, poke some holes in it for smoke penetration or looking at your setup it looks like you used a cookie sheet covered in tin foil.....

By the way, very nice gifts for your friends at work.  I hope each bite they take of everything they think of you and the amount of time it takes to do this and the love it takes to continue to do it to see the smile on peoples faces... That gives me the most joy as well!

Thanks for any suggestions.....

Tony (exromenyer)

Hey Tony the smoker I used is a repurpose PC smoker I Magee. So it is only like 8" deep. I have a wire mesh shelf so I just laid them right on there. Glad you thought the gift was a good idea I worry some people don't appreciate gifts like that.

Those are awesome.... Where do you find something like that?  I"m in North Carolina so I'm not sure if a Walmart or something similar has those or do you order them off the internet?  Also not sure what a Qmat is sorry for the stupidity on that one....

Most of the grocery stores here have them. The dollar tree store has them sometimes too.

Q-mats are sold by one of the forum sponsers, Amaze N Smokers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky