Driedsticks Pretzels with a kick!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've got a batch in the smoker right now along with some almonds! I'm salivating already, but they still have another hour to go!

I was just thinking of the same DS  I have a whole fridge of cheese I need to smoke up also. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. 

DS

That would be a great thing to smoke in my Cabinet as I smoke something else . . .
drool.gif

Besides , the cabinet doesn't get any bad smoke  , unless I really fowl it up...
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

My wife has been making those for years but just dries them in the oven, even then they are great. NOW, I have to try the smoker route.

Great post...great gift idea. Homemade is special in my book!

Decided to give em a go, also figured since I had the smoker going I would do some peanuts.

2 trays of this recipe pretzels (sub popcorn oil in place of the olive oil, 1/4 cup)
1 tray of this recipe on peanuts
1 tray ranch peanuts
1 tray srircha peanuts (had to broil to dry out, got a bit crisp)

Srircha peanuts were the winner, all the others are good but they turned out awesome for a last second addition. Dumped a healthy portion of srircha in a bag with peanuts, also a good splash of soy and shook to coat. Broiled in toaster oven to dry then smoker for 1.5 hours with all the rest.

Decided to give em a go, also figured since I had the smoker going I would do some peanuts.

2 trays of this recipe pretzels (sub popcorn oil in place of the olive oil, 1/4 cup)
1 tray of this recipe on peanuts
1 tray ranch peanuts
1 tray srircha peanuts (had to broil to dry out, got a bit crisp)

Srircha peanuts were the winner, all the others are good but they turned out awesome for a last second addition. Dumped a healthy portion of srircha in a bag with peanuts, also a good splash of soy and shook to coat. Broiled in toaster oven to dry then smoker for 1.5 hours with all the rest.
Tasty pile of smoked goodies! If you liked the Sriracha nuts give this recipe a try.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/96021/spicy-and-sweet-smoked-nuts

I made these last week.  Told my wife to pick up a bag of pretzels and went to work.  We do like things a little spicy and I added a "bit" more cayenne pepper.  Smoked'em for about two hours and let them cool down.  They were a little hotter than I thought they would be and then I looked at the pretzel bag.  9 oz bag.  Almost half of what I thought I had.

They lasted almost four days.

This is a great recipe! I made 3 lbs today, I give all homemade snacks to the guys that work in my department. 

They will be getting:

Homemade Pierogi

Smoked Cheese

Homemade Hot Chili Powder (super HOT this year)

Bag of Pretzels

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky