Double Smoked Ham Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
I double-smoked an 11 pound spiral cut ham for Valentines Day. There was no way that 4 of us could eat it all. Since it was spiral cut, it was super easy to dice for ham salad. I did that and saved back (froze) a couple of 3-cup, shrink wrapped packages for my double-smoked ham salad spread recipe. The double-smoked flavor permeates through the spread after a couple of hours of rest in the fridge.

Pics & Recipe follow:

Defrosted and ready to go
IMG_6574.jpg

I did not have any celery and left it out of this batch - I also used one whole hard boiled egg and 2 egg whites. I also use dried onion instead of fresh.
IMG_6575.jpg

We like our double-smoked ham salad spread to be a little on the creamy side...use 3/4 cup of mayo for a drier version.
IMG_6576.jpg

Ham Salad Spread - Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups ground fully cooked ham
  • 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
  • 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

Directions:
  • Mix ham, eggs, celery, pickle relish, and onion together in a bowl. Combine mayonnaise and mustard together in a separate bowl; pour over ham mixture. Stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving time.

Nutrition Facts - Per Serving:
  • 230 calories;
  • protein 7.5g;
  • carbohydrates 1.4g;
  • fat 21.7g;
  • cholesterol 56.9mg;
  • sodium 578.7mg.

Looks delicious! I might have to ignore the nutrition information... I'd probably eat half of that in one sitting! Thanks for the recipe!

Ryan

I'm a big fan of ham salad, especially double smoked and yours looks real good Eddie.

Point for sure
Chris

Eddie that looks and sounds great! There used to be a local place that sold a ham salad unlike any other I’d had. It was very smokey / less sweet than most. I am going to add this to my to do list.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky