• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Double Smoked Ham Salad

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
I double-smoked an 11 pound spiral cut ham for Valentines Day. There was no way that 4 of us could eat it all. Since it was spiral cut, it was super easy to dice for ham salad. I did that and saved back (froze) a couple of 3-cup, shrink wrapped packages for my double-smoked ham salad spread recipe. The double-smoked flavor permeates through the spread after a couple of hours of rest in the fridge.

Pics & Recipe follow:

Defrosted and ready to go
IMG_6574.jpg

I did not have any celery and left it out of this batch - I also used one whole hard boiled egg and 2 egg whites. I also use dried onion instead of fresh.
IMG_6575.jpg

We like our double-smoked ham salad spread to be a little on the creamy side...use 3/4 cup of mayo for a drier version.
IMG_6576.jpg

Ham Salad Spread - Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups ground fully cooked ham
  • 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
  • 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

Directions:
  • Mix ham, eggs, celery, pickle relish, and onion together in a bowl. Combine mayonnaise and mustard together in a separate bowl; pour over ham mixture. Stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving time.

Nutrition Facts - Per Serving:
  • 230 calories;
  • protein 7.5g;
  • carbohydrates 1.4g;
  • fat 21.7g;
  • cholesterol 56.9mg;
  • sodium 578.7mg.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Looks good my friend and thanks for the recipe. Serve that with some crackers, chips and a couple of cold ones and settle in for Spring Training. 🍻

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks & sounds Great, Eddie!!
Like.

Bear

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Looks delicious! I might have to ignore the nutrition information... I'd probably eat half of that in one sitting! Thanks for the recipe!

Ryan

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
I'm a big fan of ham salad, especially double smoked and yours looks real good Eddie.

Point for sure
Chris

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
looks great, now just a great big sub bun filled with the ham salad, ..........heaven
David

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Eddie that looks and sounds great! There used to be a local place that sold a ham salad unlike any other I’d had. It was very smokey / less sweet than most. I am going to add this to my to do list.

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Love me some ham salad. Many thanks for the recipe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.