Doing Pork Choppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flutterbye1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
Marlow Oklahoma
Ive done some reading on chops... They are my husbands fav of all foods,,,,, was wanting a little advice on which rubs may be good on them and to what IT do I take them too

thanks in advance for any help

I keep it simple: salt, pepper, brown sugar & maybe some heat -- if we're in the mood.  I like my chops smoked slow to 165*, but pork is now considered "done" at 145*.  I still can't bring myself to eat pink pork.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
However, mine are always juicy and tender....

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Is_It_Done_Yet/Brochure_Text/index.asp

USDA Recommended Safe Minimum Internal Temperatures
  • Cook all raw beef, pork, lamb and veal steaks, chops, and roasts to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures (like me
    a39.gif
    ).
Have fun!

Personally we like pork chops with just some salt & pepper. Smoke them to 140 IT then let them rest & come up to 145.

If you put a foil tent over them the temp will rise to 145 in about 10 minutes, just sitting on the counter.

If you feel more comfortable taking them to higher temps that's OK too, but our experience has been that they are juicier at 145.

Yes they will be a little pink in the middle.

Make sure you check them in several places to make sure they all test at least 145 to be safe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky