Doing an Eye Round W/ View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dauntless

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Groton, CT
Well as I stated in another post even though some say it is not a good smoking cut I am going to try an Eye Round Roast. I rubbed it down Last night, used a basic marinade and drizzled it all over both sides, but the fat(the little that there is) side up and loosely wrapped in bacon. Drizzled some more marinade over it and she should be ready for the smoke. Going to go with Lump and Hickory around 220-230. Plan is to pull it around 240 and let sit and see what happens.

Edit: This is a small one around 2.5lbs hopefully she don't take all night..lol

a6854bdc_IMG00430-20100825-1522.jpg

bb6754e1_IMG00431-20100825-1526.jpg

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

As far as I'm concearned every piece of meat is a good smoking piece of meat. You are off to a good start some kep us posted and I'll check back in later.

That stuff makes Great Dried Beef, but I never tried making it like you are.

Keep us posted.

And just so you know we pay attention, better stop a long time before 240˚.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Bear

Well I took it to 140 and foiled for 30 mins, there is not much of a smoke ring but I was surprised how quick it took to cook, even at 220. Under three hours and she was done. Very Juicy and pretty decent flavor, sliced thin for sandwiches for lunch today!

94577d2a_IMG00439-20100825-1850.jpg

Well I took it to 140 and foiled for 30 mins, there is not much of a smoke ring but I was surprised how quick it took to cook, even at 220. Under three hours and she was done. Very Juicy and pretty decent flavor, sliced thin for sandwiches for lunch today!
Looks Absolutely Great!

How tender was it?

Bear

It looks awesome tell us more about how it tastes and how the moisture was

icon_cool.gif

Need I say more??? It looks great to me too. Isliced thin for sammie and those will be some slap your mama good sammie. Then if you had one like my mama she'll slap you right back.

Last edited:
It was pretty damn tender, and the flavor was pretty normal, I did not go crazy on the rub/spritz. I am a small guy and I even ate 4 sammies for lunch! Smokin' Good to say the least

This is just to much fun (only been smoking for about 6mos if that), I can't even go to the store without thinking....hmm what can I smoke here..lol  I am glad it worked out well, I heard so many stories of these turning out bad, but I think this was pretty decent in the end

Dauntless,

I always figured the eye round roast would be too tuff made that way. That's why I use it for dried beef (click on "dried beef" in my signature below), but if yours was tender, I might have to try that myself.

Bearcarver

Bear it was very moist and tender, perfect for sammies.  I wouldn't say you could cut it thick and eat it like a steak, but it was very tender sliced nice and thin.

Bear it was very moist and tender, perfect for sammies.  I wouldn't say you could cut it thick and eat it like a steak, but it was very tender sliced nice and thin.
Thank You,

If it was half as good as it looks, it was Awesome!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky