Doing a pig roast on Sunday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oaken

Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Last year I roasted my first pig for our dart league, it was such a hit it will be an annual thing. Sunday will be the Second Annual

"Deke's Den" pig roast... Last year was just throw the pig on the spit, this year I'm rubbing it down with a homemade rub mix.

Will have qview to come.

110.gif

I'm in.

David

Reactions: oaken
Turned out beautifully, everyone enjoyed it, and because the butcher gave me a 74 pounder instead of the 60 pounder I ordered. Everyone went home with leftovers lol.

sounds great. More pictures next year :)

I have my first pig roast planned for Sept 8th.. and I literally have done nothing but research everything I could find on doing one for two weeks now!. Im planning on a 60lb pig. Not sure how many ill be feeding. I know about 30-40 for sure... but Im sure more will show once they hear whats going on. If not, then yes, people will take some home.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky