1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dog Bones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by princess, Aug 29, 2010.

1. princess

princess Smoking Fanatic

So I ran my smoker today for some fatties (see the Fatties Forum for details) and I got to looking at ALL that open space in my smoker...  had anyone ever thrown in some bones for the dogs?

I spoil my sweet boy already, so a few extra bones would never hurt him, I was just wondering what you guys may or may not have done and what you may or may not reccomend?

Cheers!

-Princess

2. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

I have a pug that gets a regular supply of beef rib bones, just smoked some yesterday as matter of fact.

[​IMG]

3. princess

princess Smoking Fanatic

Great idea... Do you ever run them with other food though? Like, if I do these beef stew bones with my Summer Sausage, will it make my sausage smell too... I don't know... beefy?

4. coffee_junkie

coffee_junkie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I have done it, It won't affect the flavor of the other food in the smoker.

5. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Arf---Arf !

Woof--Woof

You guys get the hint???

Bear

6. princess

princess Smoking Fanatic

Yip---Yip!!! [​IMG]

7. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

HA HA! [​IMG]  Took me a minute, I'm a little slow today!

8. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Back when I used to cut meat for a living I had a regular supply of beef brisket bones. I would toss a couple of them into the smoke house for my German Shepard/Wolf mix. "Sarge" would act like a puppy on Christmas morning whenever he got one of these smoked treats.  Ol' Sarge as long since crossed the "Rainbow Bridge" so now the Beagle Pack (Roxy, George and Kobe) get to enjoy some smoked goodies when I fire up the Lang.