Dog Bones

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Lafayette, Indiana
So I ran my smoker today for some fatties (see the Fatties Forum for details) and I got to looking at ALL that open space in my smoker...  had anyone ever thrown in some bones for the dogs?

I spoil my sweet boy already, so a few extra bones would never hurt him, I was just wondering what you guys may or may not have done and what you may or may not reccomend?

Cheers!

-Princess

I have a pug that gets a regular supply of beef rib bones, just smoked some yesterday as matter of fact.

7b53e753_beefshortribs.jpg

Great idea... Do you ever run them with other food though? Like, if I do these beef stew bones with my Summer Sausage, will it make my sausage smell too... I don't know... beefy?

So I ran my smoker today for some fatties (see the Fatties Forum for details) and I got to looking at ALL that open space in my smoker...  had anyone ever thrown in some bones for the dogs?

I spoil my sweet boy already, so a few extra bones would never hurt him, I was just wondering what you guys may or may not have done and what you may or may not reccomend?

Cheers!

-Princess
Arf---Arf !

I have a pug that gets a regular supply of beef rib bones, just smoked some yesterday as matter of fact.

7b53e753_beefshortribs.jpg
Woof--Woof

You guys get the hint???

Bear

Back when I used to cut meat for a living I had a regular supply of beef brisket bones. I would toss a couple of them into the smoke house for my German Shepard/Wolf mix. "Sarge" would act like a puppy on Christmas morning whenever he got one of these smoked treats.  Ol' Sarge as long since crossed the "Rainbow Bridge" so now the Beagle Pack (Roxy, George and Kobe) get to enjoy some smoked goodies when I fire up the Lang.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky