Does Finishing sauce need Refrigeration?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

norrell6

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 4, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I made SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce and one called Wanda's Sauce. Do these vinegar based sauces need to be refrigerated? Anybody have any experience with this?

I dont think so cuz you don't have to keep vinegar in the fridge...what else is in it? if there are say chunks of garlic I would think you would want to strain it before you kept it at room temp... but a solid like red pepper flakes I don't think would be an issue...my .02

Can't help you yet. I frige just to be sure but Soflaquer will chime in I'm sure.

How bout that Wanda's recipe?

I fridge it too. Can't hurt, I hope. I figure the sugar is in there, so it could spoil, but would bet it takes a really long time. Any reason not too?

A high vinegar content sauce without much veg/protein content will keep well at room temps, but I keep mine cold for long term storage. I don't worry for the day, tho... or when transporting it for use.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky