• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Disco fried rice

griz400

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 27, 2016
damn, after seeing this earlier, I went and ordered a 30 lb box of fresh oysters for tomorrow, we get em local for 40.00 .. no tax  I have shrimp in the freezer, just need a couple of lobster tails ,, have to check on them,then I will have a feast one day this week ,,, when I buy the oysters, we freeze half of em ... 

Last edited:

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 20, 2016
 Yeah that looks good, We are big fans of that here to, Made me hungry.... Point

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Looking good....i like me some fried rice
Looks delicious!  Wanting some now myself.

real nice ... love shrimp and stir fry ... :points:

Looks pretty tasty to me!

Dang it DS that looks good,,, Nice job,,, POINT

Yeah that looks good, We are big fans of that here to, Made me hungry.... Point
Thanks everyone! The disco makes it nice to do. Especially when it's 90-100 degrees and you don't want to heat the house up.

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Tasty lookin disco cook Case, I could take a bowl of that! Thumbs Up

rw willy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2008
Nice chow!

I'm looking @ making a burner out of a rim.  Love what you have there.  Is there a build thread for it?  Any tips for fabrication?

Thanks

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Nice chow!

I'm looking @ making a burner out of a rim.  Love what you have there.  Is there a build thread for it?  Any tips for fabrication?

Thanks
The black pipe doesn't weld good to the steel rims. I should have used steel pipe. I ended up having to bolt the leg holders to the rim. Having the hangers for cooking utensils is great. The burner and needle valve are great and I wouldn't change them. Threes are important. Three stand offs for the disc to sit on that raise it off the rim. If you place the disc right on the rim you'll have flame outs. Having the three points allows you to level the disc easily. Three legs, this allows you to level the burner easily. Makes for a stable set up which is important when dealing with hot oil.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/237718/the-beginings-of-my-disco-burner

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/244987/disco-burner-mods

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/245637/disco-burner-complete

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
That really looks Fantastic...I really need to pick one of these up. :)

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.