Well, perhaps not true disaster, but it sure did suck. Last weekend I was going to smoke my first picnic. I set up the trashpile smoker for an all Saturday ordeal. I spent quite a long time getting this masterpiece going. Many moppings and injectings, many bastings....so this thing was on till the 11th hour and it was starting to fall apart, like it should. I took a few sample bites and I was proud of my first effort. I figured I'd let the charcoal die down and do it's thing, getting all the bang out of it I could. I actually had a little flame going, so I decided to put my "all metal" grill brush into it to burn the gunk off. I came back a half hour later to find my all metal grill brush burning, turns out that evidently there is plastic in metal...or I'm just a moron. I took the brush out, and noted that my picnic now had a nice layer of plastic smokieness too it. Now, I have a background in environmental health, and know enough about what's in plastic to know you don't want to ingest the byproducts of it burning, but I had to take a small bite.....mmmmm, plasticky! I removed all the skin (boo) and figured I'd be able to keep the inside. After a night of sleeping on it, I decided that I wasn't going to feed that to my breastfeeding wife or myself. Not even the dog got to try. I was pissed at myself. Soooo, right now I'm doing 16lbs of butt in my MES that I got in the mail yesterday. I will serve it at my friends Pre-Thanksgiving extravaganza tonight. I'm sure others have had disasters, I'd love to hear about it. Happy Turkey day, be thankful...that you're not a turkey.