• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Digital meat thermometer recommendations

Noah

Joined Nov 1, 2018
Hey everyone,

I am looking for recommendations for a digital meat thermometer for my smoker. Was wondering if 3 or 4 probs is good to have. I saw one that had 4 probs bluetooth and a magnet to attached it to the smoker.

Wanted to get your thoughts on what brand was good. Im looking for something that has bluetooth to hook up to a phone and then a couple different probs I would think for different types of mean and internal smoker temp and so on.

Thoughts?

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
The Inkbirds are likely the best cost to feature and often run specials on Amazon.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Full disclosure I use a FireBoard. It’s an amazing tool but they are pricey. I bought mine at about 50% of on a classified ad here or would not have one :). The other feature of the FireBoard is fan controller built in however my 270 holds temp so well I have not used that feature.

Noah

Joined Nov 1, 2018
Do you guys recommend the remote or the blue tooth version of the ink bird? I would love to get the fireboard however its a little more then I am looking to spend.

1500 feet compared to 150 feet Trying to decide which model to go with

Thanks for your help

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
If you have wifi at home - remote. Wifi devices are sooo much better than Bluetooth in many ways.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I've used my InkBird 4 probe numerous times. Works great and it is precise. For the price it can't be beat.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
I second the remote. Bluetooth range is crap at my house. With the remote it’s nice because I can be anywhere in my house and stay connected to the thermometer...it’s helpful for overnight smokes.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
^^^^^^^^ This
Inkbird 4 probe also gets my vote

PrairieGeek

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 2, 2019
Bluetooth sucks. Range is the problem. So you have to get one with a remote or one that can do wireless to an app on your phone.
My dad and I both have the inkbird irf-4s. Amazon is the only place I found it with 4 probes. Inkbird only sells with 2 and you have to order the other 2. The 1500ft range for the remote is no joke.
We took it to the bar 4 blocks away and it still worked. Have only had a couple months so I cant give long term but for the price it is great so far.
His came with old usb connection and mine came with new USB-c a month later so I am assuming new battery and charging circuit.

siege

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 16, 2015
Unless you live on the Southfork in Dallas, or with the Cartwrights on the Ponderosa, you probably dont need the 1500 foot range.....
I live on a half acre, but it's only about 20 feet from the La-Z-Boy in my living room to the smokers out on my deck.

Last edited:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.