Digital meat thermometer recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Noah

Original poster
Nov 1, 2018
Frisco Colorado
Hey everyone,

I am looking for recommendations for a digital meat thermometer for my smoker. Was wondering if 3 or 4 probs is good to have. I saw one that had 4 probs bluetooth and a magnet to attached it to the smoker.

Wanted to get your thoughts on what brand was good. Im looking for something that has bluetooth to hook up to a phone and then a couple different probs I would think for different types of mean and internal smoker temp and so on.

Thoughts?

Full disclosure I use a FireBoard. It’s an amazing tool but they are pricey. I bought mine at about 50% of on a classified ad here or would not have one :). The other feature of the FireBoard is fan controller built in however my 270 holds temp so well I have not used that feature.

Do you guys recommend the remote or the blue tooth version of the ink bird? I would love to get the fireboard however its a little more then I am looking to spend.

1500 feet compared to 150 feet Trying to decide which model to go with

Thanks for your help

I've used my InkBird 4 probe numerous times. Works great and it is precise. For the price it can't be beat.

I second the remote. Bluetooth range is crap at my house. With the remote it’s nice because I can be anywhere in my house and stay connected to the thermometer...it’s helpful for overnight smokes.

Bluetooth sucks. Range is the problem. So you have to get one with a remote or one that can do wireless to an app on your phone.
My dad and I both have the inkbird irf-4s. Amazon is the only place I found it with 4 probes. Inkbird only sells with 2 and you have to order the other 2. The 1500ft range for the remote is no joke.
We took it to the bar 4 blocks away and it still worked. Have only had a couple months so I cant give long term but for the price it is great so far.
His came with old usb connection and mine came with new USB-c a month later so I am assuming new battery and charging circuit.

Unless you live on the Southfork in Dallas, or with the Cartwrights on the Ponderosa, you probably dont need the 1500 foot range.....
I live on a half acre, but it's only about 20 feet from the La-Z-Boy in my living room to the smokers out on my deck.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky