Digging in my junk....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

etcher1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Fayetteville Arkansas
Tried making a smoke generator out of 2" pipe and fittings, didn't work real good. Went through my dumpster diving stuff and came up with this.

This is about 2 1/2 hours later and still going.
It's an unused chemical pot feeder. Didn't have to do anything but screw in some nipples and throw in the wood chips.
I think it going to be a winner.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Not to be contrary but isn't this about the complete opposite of the tbs that we all want
icon_question.gif
I have heard about smoke generators but have never seen or used one so I guess I am a little in the dark on these
icon_confused.gif

A smoke generator is a bit different beast, it's a cool smoke, condensates inside the generator so lots less chance a cresosote. There generally used ta cold smoke somthin, say cheese er sausage where ya wanna keep the temps down.

Now that thig really smokes alot there etcher. I like it as long as you can keep the temp down like tips says.

Ya can also regulate that air supply an help control the smoke to. That gonna make a swell smoke generator.

The smoke from one won't never be as light an blue in color as in a smoker cause this is more of a smolderin smoke, no fire really involved. It will be a bit whiter then yer used ta. However, it does a great job on sausage, cheese an ham!

It was definitely lighter smoke.

I did have a dreaded white cloud for about 10 minutes, but manage to get the heat up and get rid of it.

Here some pics on some cheese, It was such a cool smoke it didn't hardly heat the cheese. Outside temp was about 42°
Usually I do cheese on my ECB, this is an experiment on smoke box size.

Cool Stand Alone Cold Smoker...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Where can you get one of those Things you used to make it?

etcher, sure ya ain't part hillbilly?
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I like that whole set up! Now ya just might see somthin like that sittin out behind my shop smokin away! Hey if it does what ya wan't don't mess with it.

BBQ, them pots er kinda hard ta find, check round yer parts fer somebody what does boiler work an see if they got one ya can buy used. New ain't cheap at all.

Holy S**t No Wonder It Works Good. It Should Come With a Personal Chef...
icon_mrgreen.gif

And I thought a Smoke Daddy "Magnum P.I.G." was High...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky