Different way of doing pulled pork.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
At least for me. I have been making pp for my son's tournament baseball team to sell. It's been super hot here and at the end of my work day o don't want to get up in the middle of the night to take care of the meat.

So this is what I do. Limited pics cause I wasn't planning on posting this.

Pork seasoned.

On the uds. Temps bout 280.

I still wanted smoked flavor so I had some heavy smoke for a while.

It thinned down to this.

After 4 hours I put them into a big electric roaster to finish cooking over night. Only added a bit of water.

No pics of this. Sorry.

In the morning it was super tender, stayed in the roaster all day while serving.

I had some for dinner. Still got a good smoke ring and bark.

And my dinner plate. Nope, no bun.

I guess the reason I posted this is to let people know heavy smoke for a bit them finish in the oven or not in a smoker still can produce a great product. It had great smoke flavor.

Got pp cooking all weekend this way for games.

Looks good Adam! And it looks like you have decent bark. What wood are you smoking with?

Thanks.

Yes the bark was still nice. Not hard but not soft.

I am using hickory cut on the farm.

Last edited:
Nice job, Adam!

Good to know that a few hours of smoke is all you need!

Thanks for the experiment!

Al

Looks tasty Adam.

I smoke all my pulled pork at higher temps now. 285-325 depending on the time I need it done by. Same great taste way less time. It's the only way to go!

Good way to get them done with the least amount of babysitting. Looks good...JJ

Looks great, Probably most smokers have done that before or similar. I have. Weather, time just something interfering with my smoke .

Nice smoke ring, looked good and tender  
points1.png

Gary

Thanks guys. This was a first for me that short of time in the smoker.

I have only used the roaster to finish the cook like 185 IT or higher then to hold the meat.

Awesome lookin smoke Adam ! Thumbs Up When your short on time ya look for different ways of doing things.... Looks like ya nailed it to me ! Looks really tasty ! Nice job !

I generally like to do mine in the smoker from start to finish. Last time I had some stubborn ones that didn't want to get out of the stall and it was bedtime so I finished them in the oven. I'm usually doing 35 to 40lbs of butt at a time so it wouldn't all fit in a roaster pan but that's a good way of doing it too. As long as your getting that good bark and smoky flavor it's all good no matter how you do it!

Adam That looks great makes it easier and faster.LL World Series should be starting soon.Tell your son Good Luck if they are trying for that Points

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky