Different way of doing pulled pork.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Great, Adam!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

Thanks for confirming about the higher heat.
icon14.gif

Cliff from Maine is a big fan of higher heat & shorter times, but I never got around to trying it.(Not that I didn't believe Cliff)---One of these Days!!!!

And your Smoke didn't look heavy enough to hurt anything either.
icon14.gif

Nice Job, Neighbor!!
icon14.gif

Bear

dont need a bun for good looking pork like that, but maybe some bread to mop the juices up

HT

Thanks.

Looks Great, Adam!!:drool ----:points:

Thanks for confirming about the higher heat.Thumbs Up

Cliff from Maine is a big fan of higher heat & shorter times, but I never got around to trying it.(Not that I didn't believe Cliff)---One of these Days!!!!

And your Smoke didn't look heavy enough to hurt anything either.Thumbs Up

Nice Job, Neighbor!!Thumbs Up

Bear

Thanks Bear. I have been cooking stuff hot and fast for awhile now.

I wanted the heavy smoke because of the short time in the smoker. It works.

This method works for brisket too BTW.

Good to know.

At least for me. I have been making pp for my son's tournament baseball team to sell. It's been super hot here and at the end of my work day o don't want to get up in the middle of the night to take care of the meat.

So this is what I do. Limited pics cause I wasn't planning on posting this.

Pork seasoned.

On the uds. Temps bout 280.

I still wanted smoked flavor so I had some heavy smoke for a while.

It thinned down to this.

After 4 hours I put them into a big electric roaster to finish cooking over night. Only added a bit of water.

No pics of this. Sorry.

In the morning it was super tender, stayed in the roaster all day while serving.

I had some for dinner. Still got a good smoke ring and bark.

And my dinner plate. Nope, no bun.

I guess the reason I posted this is to let people know heavy smoke for a bit them finish in the oven or not in a smoker still can produce a great product. It had great smoke flavor.

Got pp cooking all weekend this way for games.
Awesome PP!  
points1.png
  Carbs are over rated!

Mike

I put the meat in a slow cooker with seasoning late at night,cook until just about falling apart and then smoke for a few hours the next day.I pull it apart half way through the smoking. Telling your company that you started in a slow cooker is optional..
yahoo.gif
canada-flag-68.gif
hockeyeurbaston.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky