1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dehydrator recommendations

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by jonny smoker, Jul 2, 2018.

1. I'm looking for a dehydrator for primarily for salmon to start with. I have never owned or operated a dehydrator before. Just looking for a reliable one to start with. Any experiences and recommendations are welcomed.
    Thanks!

2. old sarge

old sarge Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

LEM and NESCO offer several models.

3. I've used NESCO products with good success for the past few years. However, all we use it for is fruit and jerky.

4. old sarge

We have a couple of their roaster ovens and been using them for years. They are real handy and reliable. Nesco is a great company with a long history.

5. oldsmokerdude

oldsmokerdude Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I've used an Excalibur for several years. These are great dehydrators and get awesome reviews on line. Good temperature control, relatively easy to clean. Certainly worth taking a look at.

6. Thanks to all! Looks like there plenty of models to look at, I'll check them out.
    Thanks again!

7. old sarge

Specs and warranty are just as important as brand name; maybe even more so.