Deer Tenderloin and Pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cook1536

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Here is a Deer Loin I did yesterday for a Christmas dinner. This makes the 7th loin I have done. I have changed hard core friers of venison over to smoked.

Comments and criticism welcome, just don't bash me to bad.
e4bd32a6_vbattach16132.jpg

Looks real nice! How did you do it? Any marinade etc? I have a couple in the freezer, just waiting to try.

Mark

What I did was I soaked it in a brine over night of kosher salt and Jeff's rub. Then I took it out of the brine and sprinkled the rub all over the loin generously covering. Then I smoked it about 1 hour with Wild Cherry and then turned it over and let it go for another hour. After about 2 hours I cover one side with Sweet Baby Rays sauce and let it go for about another 15 minutes then I flip it and cover the other side and let er go for another 15. Then take it off and enjoy. I do pork loins the same way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky