• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Deer Summer Sausage

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
BH, looks good and your sausage doesn't look too cheesy!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Your sausage looks good to me too!

Just the right amount of cheese.

Al

sopchoppy

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 23, 2015
Looks just right on the cheese. I like to experiment with SS and have settled on half deer meat and half ground beef, 85/15 works best. High temp pepper jack is my favorite.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Yup

Looks good to me too.

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
I'll pay the shipping ... send it my way... looks just right to me ...

crclass

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 28, 2014

Looks just right on the cheese. I like to experiment with SS and have settled on half deer meat and half ground beef, 85/15 works best. High temp pepper jack is my favorite.
I have my first batch of SS in the smoker now with 50/50 venison to ground beef. I am using 80/20 beef so a little fattier than your 85/15 but I got it cheap at Sams. For my regular ground venison I mixed it with 90/10 ground beef from Sams and it was real good in everything I use it in, including burgers on the grill. I will post some pics of the SS when its done.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.