Deer Summer Sausage!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A guy I know has a local processor add green olives to his venison summer sausage. I've never tried it but have heard its great. I did try some once that had diced pepperoni in it. It was very good. We usually do regular and Jalepeno and chedder. Great looking sausage BTW!!

A guy I know has a local processor add green olives to his venison summer sausage. I've never tried it but have heard its great. I did try some once that had diced pepperoni in it. It was very good. We usually do regular and Jalepeno and chedder. Great looking sausage BTW!!

This batch was half cheddar and half pepper jack.

I'm thinking the olives might be worth a try!!!

I know the processor I'm talking about makes probably the best summer sausage I've ever eaten. I'm not sure what seasoning blend he uses, but I'm almost positive it's Rebel Butcher supplies blend. I know he does a 50/50% ratio. I am going to make some at the end of the season if I have enough meat after putting up ground meat and smoked sausage. We kill a lot of wild hogs all year round, so I'm thinking about doing some with that meat. Any of y'all ever done a wild hog summer sausage?

I'll trade my exquisite taste testing ability for a "Quality Revue" of your product.... HAHAHA

I'd be willing to send a few slices your way.

Mike, I appreciate the thought... Think of me next summer on that deal..... I'll trade some hard neck garlic for you to try..... If you like garlic.....

Dave

Mike, I appreciate the thought... Think of me next summer on that deal..... I'll trade some hard neck garlic for you to try..... If you like garlic.....

Dave

I love garlic and I will take you up on that offer. I think I've found my add in! Garlic Summer Sausage!!

Thanks Dave!!

Looks great, with that all going in the smoker at one time I would think it would take a while for the smoker to rebound, How long did you smoke it for

That's a lot of snausages - very nice.

Looks great, with that all going in the smoker at one time I would think it would take a while for the smoker to rebound, How long did you smoke it for

That's a lot of snausages - very nice.

Took everything about 7 hours to get to temp. Long day but well worth it!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky