Decided to Smoke a Pork Shoulder - came out amazing! Check this out.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
Smoked on the Traeger for 8 hours at 225; bumped up to 250 for the last hour.

Injected with apple juice, Mad Hunky rub, a good layer of Kosher salt, and coarse ground pepper. I used a smoke tube for the first 5 hours and used a homemade glaze prior to placing in an aluminum pan and covered for 1 1/2 hours. Let rest at 180 degrees for 1 hour.

"Feed the love"

Peace

It really was fantastic. I made two different sauces - one Memphis style and the other NC style. I didn't pull it. I shaved it right off the bone.

I mean I'm not trying to be a jerk........but you've got 3 threads going right now with the same pork butt cook
Yeah, I know. When I posted it initially, the post never showed up. I waited, never saw it, and posted it again. Apologies for the dupe. Many more serious things to worry about though. Don'tcha think?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky