Damn, Life is Really Flinging Feces

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't been around in awhile, and I just wanted to say, "Thank you so much!" we deeply appreciated the help.
And to let y'all know that things have worked out.

First and foremost, I'm cancer free... Thank you Lord!
Had it cut out and I'm good to go.

We got deeper in debt and it was looking grim, so I finally said "F it!" and cashed out a 401k.
Took the damned 25% federal/state tax hit, and paid off everything, debt free now. Even bought my wife the second car she's been wanting.

And the kicker is, I start a new gig with Daher Aerospace on Monday.
Glad to hear the good news man!

I wish you luck on the new gig and feel free to appreciate your fortitude for dealing with, absorbing, and coming out on top of this situation overall.

Many people can't physically, menially, financially, or spiritually handle the smallest bumps in the road much less a serious one like you have :)

So feel free to take a moment to breathe, smile, and even pat yourself on the back for second :D

Reactions: chilerelleno
AWESOME NEWS!
Life is up & down, but you’re on an uphill run now.
I’m sure you’ll make it to the top!
Al

Last edited:
Reactions: chilerelleno
Thanks once again to everyone.
It feels good to be working again, and not to be worrying about that one part of my health. Have more than enough worries with other issues.

Just finished my first week at the new job, and now I can say that I help build commercial airliners.
The subsidiary of Daher I work for is involved in logistics, we keep Airbus's final assembly lines for the A320 and A220 supplied with parts here in Mobile, AL.
Our final distribution warehouse sits directly between the A320 and A220 final assembly lines and we supply the parts on demand to the people putting them together.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky