cut a little wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wanna-be-smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
VT
I am clearing a 1-2 acre spot at my place in NY for my camper for my camper and had to cut down a couple apple trees and a few cherry trees to make room.  This is a mixture of apple and cherry and when I'm done i will have 2-3 more loads like this of mostly cherry but there is also few maples that need to go as well. So I think i should have enough wood for quite some time. The back row is partially full of already seasoned cherry and the other picture is the rest of the cherry that i already seasoned and I believe that will last me until the other stuff drys.

The stuff with no bark was a downed tree and it was already dry. The bark all came off when I dragged it out if the woods.

Good looking firewood.

If you're going to move that very far, keep it covered so the cops don't see it.

Big ticket here in the peoples republic.

I think not more than twenty five miles.

It's still fine looking wood.

Ed

its 50 miles unless you haul in in length and use it for lumber or the like. I don't really haul it back to VT as i cook at my place in NY a lot also. But I do use some for projects like cutting boards/coasters/candle holders so i always end up with scraps for cooking.

How did you take off all that bark from the logs? 

I would love a pile of wood like that.

The tree had been down but suspended off the ground for 2-3 years before I dragged it out. The bark all came off when I dragged it out behind the 4 wheeler and tractor.

Hey WBS, are you a woodturner?

Ed

I'm
Trying to be lol. I have just a small cheap offset smoker. Ive been using it for a few years for everything from a a steak for a couple hours to ribs or even pulled pork that takes much longer.

I so wanna do a brisket but with a. Ok that long and having to baby sit this cooker I will have be really prepared or just wait until I get a better cooker.

lol why did i think you said wood burner. but no i just dabble a bit here and there on projects as gifts for friends and family

Last edited:
Got the rest of the dry cherry cut and  have about twice this much again but its cherry and maple but got what i have so far stacked and ready to cover for the winter. I set aside some dry cherry that i will use for a small chicken cook today and for the few cooks ill do this winter. I also hope i got the lawn mowed for the last time this season and also worked on getting the car ready for it winter hibernation.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky