Custom Burger Grind #2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
So choice brisket was on sale for $2.99# at the local store and I figured it was that time of year to eat good burgers - what time isn't ?.For those of you have read my previous posts,Mr Wong Chang was excited to chop some meat for me.Thanks Wong!;)Started with 3 1/2 #s of cubed, frozen,pretty heavily trimmed of fat,brisket flat.The bacon is Wright's Brand apple wood smoked,1 1/2 #s.Single grind through a 3/16th inch plate.5 pounds makes 15 one third # burgers -151g each.It sounds picky but I have learned from past experience that when they are all the same weight and run through the press they are easier to cook to your liking because of the consistent size/thickness.
kimg0417-jpg.368015
kimg0419-jpg.368041

I chilled in the fridge for 1/2 hour,then added seasonings and mixed.Low sodium soy (La Choy),BP,O&G powders.No salt because of the bacons content and the soy.
kimg0420-jpg.368042

Weighed and through the press
kimg0421-jpg.368043

Next was on to pre-cut 6" x 6" wax paper squares,pre-cut by yours truly.Nestled into the container to slumber overnight in the fridge to let the flavors meld.Tomorrow they will be vac sealed and frozen in packs of three as they are stacked..
kimg0422-jpg.368044

Working with this meat makes a skinny dude hungry! Outside looked like fire and brimstone thanks to yet another violent thunderstorm here in the Blue Ridge,ahh summertime.So the CI pan was on deck.
kimg0424-jpg.368045

I cooked too long for my liking but very juicy,briskety and baconyo_O.Fire the cook!
kimg0425-jpg.368046

:eek:Buuurp!
Git ta grindin' an a cookin'
KIMG0417.jpg
KIMG0419.jpg
KIMG0420.jpg
KIMG0421.jpg
KIMG0422.jpg
KIMG0424.jpg
KIMG0425.jpg

Bill

Last edited:
I can't see the pictures only the IMG tags, but they sound really good.

Chris

Hmm,I tried a different way of posting the pics,I can see them!
I'll have to post the pics from my phone...

Yes your photo's came thru and I'm real glad they did!
Cause those are some awesome looking burgers!
Al

I can see the pics at the end of list, but none of the first bunch.

The burgers looks most excellent. These days I never purchase ground meat, but prefer to buy good quality meats to grind my own. It always results in burgers that the family and friends that think are spectacular.

Heavens to Betsy! Moto, you sure know how to make a burger patty! Big like!
HAH! That's the burger press that's not in any pics.It's a cheapo plastic thing but works well.Thanks for the Like.

I can see the pics at the end of list, but none of the first bunch.

The burgers looks most excellent. These days I never purchase ground meat, but prefer to buy good quality meats to grind my own. It always results in burgers that the family and friends that think are spectacular.
I too am heading this direction.The 15 - .33# burgers cost me $1.25ea/$18.50 total,plus a little elbow grease.Yup I use a hand grinder,it's German and takes very little effort to grind a batch like this.Thanks for the Like.

Thanks pops,I think the last one you posted was a box of them big enough to last longer than I would.:p
I will probably get some of these.

Dude, grinding the bacon right into the burgers is an all star move. I love that. Man those look delicious. I have to admit though that I don't think I could sacrifice a brisket for hamburgers. I LOVE BRISKET!

George

Dude, grinding the bacon right into the burgers is an all star move. I love that. Man those look delicious. I have to admit though that I don't think I could sacrifice a brisket for hamburgers. I LOVE BRISKET!

George
Try it one time and you'll do it often.Last time I used top round/bacon (same - apple Wright's Brand) and it was damn good, buuut... this stuff is incredible with the brisket.No going back.Also,the smokiness from the bacon makes it tastes like you smoked them,not to mention the bacon flavor without having to cook bacon separately.Thanks for the Like.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky